CRA seeks an entry or mid-level Architectural Historian to work out of our Lexington, Kentucky or Knoxville, Tennessee office. We are considering applicants for a full-time position as well as those interested in part-time/on-call work.
Employment Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
Compensation: Based on experience
Benefits: Full-time offers Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, and 401K
Experience: 2 years
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Archival Research
- Field Documentation of Architectural Resources
- Preparation of Technical Reports and Specialized Documentation
- Possess a Masters degree in historic preservation, architectural history, history, or a related field
- Meet the Secretary of hte Interior’s Professional Qualifications in Architectural History
- Demonstrate at least two years of relevant experience
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
- Possess excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to work witihin project budgets and schedules
- Flexibility to travel overnight for projects
Applicants should have an understanding of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), as well as applicable Section 106 regulations. Previous experience with architectural resource surveys, Section 106 compliance, National Register of Historic Places nominations, HABS/HAER documentation, design guidelines, historic structure reports, and/or preservation planning is desirable. Previous experience with transportation projects is a plus, as is experience in the identification and evaluation of specialized property types such as cultural landscapes and military resources.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, professional writing sample, and a list of three professional references to Bridgette Robinson at email@example.com.